Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Cell phone cameras

How many times have we found ourselves in a "kodak" moment and wishing we had our point and shoot camera out and ready. With the hustle and bustle of everyday life, I miss too many of those moments. The DSLR is in the bag, the point and shoot is in the purse, and before I have time to gather one or the other, the moment has passed. So what is an alternative? Our cell phones.

My cell phone contract was up a few months ago. It was time to choose a new phone and possibly a new carrier. Ah - Freedom. So I started studying the available options. In the end, after much research, it came down to two options for me-




































The options I considered were-

The iphone 4 that has a 5 mp camera in it. Along with that, it has numerous and quite wonderful photography apps. Some of my faves available in itunes are: hipstamatic, camera+, camerabag, photoforge, pictureShow & TiltShiftGen.

Or the Droid X that has a whopping 8 mp camera. Of course, the android market also has some awesome photography apps as well. Some of my faves available at the market are: Retro Cam, FXCamera, Vignette Demo or paid version, photoshop express, & Camera Fun Free.

The bottom line- these are both great choices. I have found that a good cell phone camera has been invaluable.

No comments:

Post a Comment