Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Furniture shopping

That is what I've been up to the last week and a half. We live in a cozy old little apartment that I really like. When we moved here about a year and a half ago we had a sectional. It looks like this (in red)-


















We are looking for something with a good sleeper in it now. I thought we would be able to find something similar. Nada. Can you believe that? We drove to Portland last weekend and visited many furniture stores, IKEA, and even futon places. Hide-a-beds really haven't improved over the years much to my surprise. However, we learned futons have.

So I think this is what we will be ordering this with a solid colored cover-
























I have to say, it was interesting to shop around for the futons. I remember back in the college days where they really weren't built that well. They were inexpensive, compact, and easy to use which was perfect for a college student but they didn't last much longer than through those college years. Now they have lines that are premium, 10 year warrenties, and in my opinion are more comfortable than a sleeper sofa. I think this will be perfect for our apartment living.

Do you own a sleeper sofa or futon? Do you prefer one or the other?

No comments:

Post a Comment