Monday, January 10, 2011

Aperture

So last year I wore out my wonderful point-and-shoot Canon. Since I found myself needing to invest in a new camera I began debating on upgrading to a DSRL . I went back and forth. Then I considered Nikon or Canon? I know that choosing a brand is all about personal preference so I tried a few cameras out, then I took the leap to DSRL land. And I have been very happy with that decision.

Last year I played with the new camera a lot. It was loads of fun! But I have to admit, switching from a P&S to a DSRL there is a bit of a learning curve. There is so much to learn. Along the way, I found this information on Aperture. It is in four installments so take note to read them in order if you please. Ree's tutorials are a pretty good on-line resources for explaining Aperture and Shutter Speeds.

I have used these tutorials to improve my action shots. One of the kiddos here is a cheerleader. Do you know how many blurry photos I have in the archives? -At least until reading and implementing some tips from the above blog. I hope it helps you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment