Monday, March 14, 2011

Cake Boss Daughter

Some were wondering how my darling daughter created our wedding cake. It was tricky, but I did get a few pictures (with my cell phone) while she was creating this lovely cake even though she didn't want me in the kitchen. Yes, I couldn't stay out of the kitchen. I looked for excuses to come in and snap a shot here and there. Hehehe.

McKena has always had a gift or natural talent if you will in creating sweets. Making a Red Velvet wedding cake here was a first for her though. She started out baking it from scratch with a recipe off of the internet. Then, she iced it lightly with cream cheese frosting.


Next, she rolled out some fondant. She rolled it out fairly thin. With a template we picked out in the cake decorating sections at Michaels, she pushed it into the fondant to create a lovely pattern.

Then, she lay it over the cake and trimmed the excess around the base.

Last, she decorated it with ribbon, icing, beads, and flowers. It turned out beautifully!

At the dinner following, people were asking where we bought it! See- natural talent she has I tell you.

No comments:

Post a Comment