Thursday, January 5, 2012

Happy New Year!

I spent New Years looking back through the pictures I took over the last year. What a fun walk down memory lane. :)

Last year, we lived in a small apartment. I had no room for a scrappy space. There was a closet in the kitchen/dining area that we didn't use well so we decided to convert it. When I found those pictures last week, I thought it might be a cool thing to share here.

Here's how we created the space. First we cleared out the closet. The two top shelves were already there. We added the wood striping at desk level to support a  desktop area.


We added one more shelf up here also to utilize the space best. Then we painted everything a crisp white.


We hung lights in the closet so that I could see what it is I was working on. A word of advise.... be careful of which lights you hang in such a small space as some lights like these get hot while in use.


Last I gathered up my scrap crap and filled the closet. Othere than the purchase of wood for the desktop and shelf, this project cost us nothing. We utilized things we already owned.


And it was some simple renovations that easily could be removed if the landlord wished for it to be when we moved. It was a perfect solution to small space or apartment living.


A chair fit in here too. I just moved it to take pictures. This was a great scrappy space. :)


I hope this gives you some inspiration if you are an apartment dweller looking for a dedicated craft area.

No comments:

Post a Comment